Thursday, December 8
Merrill Living Room
Come join us on December 8 at noon in the Merrill Living Room for a discussion over lunch on ethics, protest and social change co-sponsored by Civil Liberties and Public Policy and Spiritual Life.
Speakers will include:
- Marlene Gerber Fried, CLPP Faculty Director
- Kat Jones, Spring 2012 CLPP Adjunct Faculty
- Emily McGranachan, 2010 RRASC Intern at COLAGE
- Eshe Shukura, 2011 RRASC Intern at Different Avenues
- Liza Neal, Hampshire College Director of Spiritual Life
Some possible areas to explore:
- Where does anger belong in organizing?
- How do we fight the right without repeating their oppressive mistakes?
- How do we balance expediency with accountability?
- The use of science and emotion in protest.
- Responding to claims by the right
- especially those that mobilize the "victim" discourse,
- or critiques by the right that expose inequalities among organizations on the left.