Travel Funding for Speakers
We subsidize travel and lodging for conference speakers who cannot cover their own expenses. If you or your organization can pay for travel and/or lodging, we ask that you tap into these resources. That way, we can bring more speakers who do not have access to funding. Generally, we cannot subsidize travel for more than two people from an organization or workshop. Meals and childcare are provided for the entire conference weekend for all speakers and conference participants, regardless of how they are paying for travel costs.
2013 Conference Planning Timeline
- November 2012: Speaker invitations sent.
- December: Speaker confirmations due.
- January 2013: Speaker registrations due.
- February: Conference registration launches! Speaker bios are available on the website. Members of our conference planning team will contact you in order to connect you with other speakers in your confirmed workshops/panels and to finalize workshop titles and descriptions. Speaker travel booking deadline. Travel stipend applications (for conference participants) are due.
- March: Plenary speakers are invited. Schedule is finalized, made live on website, sent to speakers.
- April 12, 2013: Let the conference begin!
We value all of the contributions that speakers make. Sharing your personal experience and expertise is part of building the movement for reproductive freedom! Your time and energy is a huge contribution!
We also welcome speakers to contribute by:
- subsidizing travel and hotel costs
- encouraging your organizational connections to sponsor the conference
- encouraging people in your networks and communities—who otherwise would not be able to attend the conference—to apply for travel stipends
- contributing to registration costs